These Rules govern your participation in the BankThanks Rewards Program (also referred to as the "Program"). Your participation in this Program enables you to earn points redeemable for various rewards (referred to generally as "Rewards").
"Cardholder" means an individual who has requested and/or received a Beneficial Bank Debit VISA® Check Card (also referred to as a "Card"). By using or accepting a Card, you (as a Cardholder) agree to these Rules and any changes, additions, or deletions to them. Beneficial Bank (also referred to as "your Financial Institution") issues and administers all Cards. The BankThanks toll-free number is 1-877-4BBTHNX (1-877-422-8469) (also referred to as the "BankThanks Service Center").
RewardsNOW, Inc. manages and administers the Program through FIS Corporation. RewardsNOW, FIS, and Beneficial Bank are not affiliates. These Rules and Card transactions are also subject to other agreements you may have with Beneficial Bank (for example, Cardholder agreements).
- The BankThanks Program is offered at the sole discretion of FIS and your Financial Institution. We may modify, restrict or change the Program at any time, which changes may include, but are not limited to, changing the number of points you earn for a particular type of activity or the number of points you need to redeem a particular Reward, or omitting or adding Reward levels or categories, or changing the selection of Rewards, or imposing, increasing or eliminating points caps or Program fees, or changing the conditions under which points expire or are forfeited. We will notify you of material changes to Program terms and conditions and, unless you decide to terminate your program participation, you will be bound by the revised terms and conditions. We also reserve the right to suspend or terminate the Program, or your participation in the Program, at any time without compensation to you. Neither FIS nor your Financial Institution assume any liability whatsoever for these changes.
- Cards and related accounts may be subject to fees and charges in accordance with the applicable Cardholder agreements and fee schedules.
- In the event of Cardholder fraud, abuse of the Program privileges, or violation of the Rules (for example, any attempt to sell, exchange, or transfer points or any instrument exchangeable for points), FIS and/or your Financial Institution, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to cancel your participation in the Program.
- You are responsible for any personal tax liability related to participation in the Program or as a result of points earned or redeemed.
- The Program is void where prohibited by law.
- Neither FIS nor your Financial Institution is responsible for managing or administering the Program or providing services under the Program. Neither FIS nor your Financial Institution will be responsible for errors or omissions in any Program document. Neither FIS nor your Financial Institution will have any liability to you or any other Cardholder arising from, or related to, the services or Rewards.
- You (and any other beneficiary of the program) agree that neither FIS nor your Financial Institution nor RewardsNOW will be liable for, and you release, discharge, and hold harmless FIS, your Financial Institution, and RewardsNOW or anyone who acted on behalf of FIS, the Financial Institution, or RewardsNOW, from any and all claims of any sort, type, kind, or nature that you may have against FIS, your Financial Institution, or RewardsNOW, arising out of or in any way relating to your participation in the program or its Rewards - including (but not limited to) claims for or due to personal injury, property damage, accident, sickness, delay, cancellation, postponement, inconvenience, penalty, refund, or other irregularities that may occur or that may be caused by any provider of services or Rewards or any person not under the direct supervision and control of FIS or your Financial Institution.
- FIS and/or your Financial Institution reserve the right to interpret Program Rules and policies and will be the final authority on point credits and Reward qualifications.
- Failure to register your card on the web site may result in termination of participation within the program. If your participation is terminated, all points that were accumulated but unused will be forfeited immediately.
- Cardholders will earn one point for every three dollars ($3 U.S.) in qualifying net purchases made on their Beneficial Bank Debit VISA® check card (non-PIN or signature-based only) rounded to the nearest whole dollar.
- "Net purchases" are defined as the dollar value of goods and services purchased with a Card beginning with the first day of each calendar month, minus any credits, returns, or other adjustments as settled during the calendar month.
- A Qualifying purchase is any signature based purchase, internet purchase, phone or mail order purchase, or automatic bill payment made with an enrolled Beneficial Bank VISA® check card. You must sign for (or would have signed for if the store had required it) all in-store purchases you make with an enrolled VISA card in order for purchases to be deemed a Qualifying purchase; do not use a Personal Identification Number (PIN) when paying for your purchases with your enrolled VISA card if you want to earn points for purchases. We reserve the right to determine in our sole discretion whether a particular VISA card transaction is a Qualifying purchase.
- Transactions excluded from point calculation include the following: (a) cash advances, ATM withdrawals, convenience checks, balance transfers, and any point of sale PIN (Personal Identification Number) transactions, except as otherwise permitted in special promotional offers; (b) any fees and card-related charges posted to a Rewards Card account, including late fees, over-limit fees, annual fees, and finance charges as outlined in the applicable Cardholder agreement; or (c) tax payments or any unauthorized charges or transactions.
- Any returns, credits or chargebacks earn "negative" points and such "negative" points will reduce the total points posted to the BankThanks Account. If at any time an enrolled VISA card is not in good standing, Qualifying Purchases you make while the card is not in good standing will not accrue any points. Negative points will post on a statement if returns or credits exceed purchases.
- Points may be earned only if the applicable account is in good standing. A Card account is not in good standing if closed or suspended, if any payment has not been paid by its due date, or if the credit limit has been exceeded. If the account is closed by you, FIS, or your Financial Institution for any reason, all points that were accumulated but unused will be forfeited immediately. FIS and your Financial Institution reserve the right to determine at their sole discretion whether a particular card or cardholder is eligible to participate in the Program.
- Point accrual will begin upon the first day of the calendar month that includes the Cardholder's Enrollment Date. No other retroactive points will be awarded.
- The number of points a Cardholder can earn in a calendar year is unlimited.
- Points earned will be credited on a monthly basis. If you provide an email address when registering to view your account online, you will be sent a monthly e-statement notification by email when your points are updated. The email will also contain a link to the web site where you can view your current point balance. Email addresses and statement preferences can be updated by visiting the Preferences page.
- Points will expire if they are not redeemed within three years from the month earned.
- Points have no cash value. Points and Rewards are not considered your property and are generally not transferable upon death, as part of a legal settlement, or as part of a domestic relations issue.
- You may receive BankThanks bonus points for certain Qualifying Purchases at participating merchants or in connection with other specified promotions. The rules for each bonus offer can vary, including how the bonus is earned, how the purchase amount eligible for bonus points is determined, and when the offer expires. Other important terms and conditions may apply. Details can be found on the Program web site or by speaking with a BankThanks customer service representative. It will generally take 6 to 8 weeks for bonus points to post to your BankThanks account. Once posted to your BankThanks Account, these bonus points are available to you should you choose to redeem them. All BankThanks bonus points are subject to the same redemption and expiration rules as the points you otherwise earn for your Qualifying Purchases.
- Points may be redeemed for cash back to your Beneficial Bank checking account and Beneficial Bank Gift Cards.
- When you are ready to redeem points, visit the online catalog to select your Reward. If you need assistance, call the BankThanks Service Center for all redemption inquiries and orders. Hours of operation are 24 hours a day, 7 days per week.
- Points may be redeemed only from accounts that are open and in good standing as stated in the "Earning Points" section above.
- Points redeemed and/or expired, if applicable, will be based on a first-in, first-out basis.
- All Beneficial Gift Card redemptions are sent to the billing address on the account. UPS or USPS will usually deliver your item within 2 to 4 weeks. Shipments cannot be made to a post office box, an APO address or outside the 50 United States.
- All Cash Back redemptions are posted your Beneficial Bank checking account associated with your Bankthanks balance within 2 weeks.
- All Rewards are subject to availability. Reward items may be discontinued or withdrawn without notice.
- Gift Cards cannot be returned for any reason. If you need additional information, please call the BankThanks Service Center.
- Neither FIS nor your Financial Institution nor RewardsNOW are responsible for lost or stolen correspondence, documents, or certificates.
- You, as a Cardholder, have sole responsibility for any charges over and above the stated value of a gift card or gift certificate.
Cancelling Program Participation
You may cancel your participation in the Program at any time by calling 1-877-4BBTHNX (1-877-422-8469). Your positive Reward balance in your BankThanks Account will be forfeited and cannot be transferred to another BankThanks Account.
Lost, Stolen or Damaged Cards
You will not lose the points in your BankThanks Account if your enrolled card is lost, stolen, or damaged and we provide a replacement card, even if such replacement card has a different number. If your enrolled card is lost or stolen, call your financial institution at the telephone number provided in the Card Agreement or the Beneficial Bank Customer Contact Center at 1-888-742-5272.
Disclaimers and Limitations
- Neither your Financial Institution, FIS or RewardsNOW are responsible for any disputes between or involving joint or linked cardholders or authorized users relating to points, redemption for Rewards, or use of Rewards.
- You may be subject to additional terms and conditions, warranties or other requirements of the merchant, manufacturer or other Rewards provider. The Financial Institution, FIS or RewardsNOW are not liable for any injury, damage or loss to person or property or any expense, accident or inconvenience that may arise from the use of the points, or the use of the Rewards or products or merchandise purchased or obtained within the Program, or otherwise in connection with the Program. Further, the Financial Institution, FIS or RewardsNOW are not responsible for merchants, manufacturers or other Program providers that discontinue or cancel a reward due to bankruptcy or for any other reason. Your Financial Institution, FIS or RewardsNOW makes no endorsement or representation of any Reward, merchant or other provider in connection with the Program.
- You hereby release and hold us, Beneficial Bank and all parties associated with the Program harmless from any claim, liability or damage relating to the Program or your use of the Rewards. Any Reward offered under this Program is void where prohibited by law. Notwithstanding anything in these terms and conditions to the contrary, Beneficial Bank and any of its service providers shall have no liability to you in connection with the Program.
- Any required arbitration or other dispute resolution process provided for in your Card Agreement shall apply to your participation in the Program.